Via The Bulletin
NEW YORK, Dec. 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — New York personal injury law firm Block O’Toole & Murphy once again attained record-breaking results in 2019, continuing its mission of fighting for clients hurt in catastrophic accidents. This past year, the attorneys at BOM achieved nearly $140,000,000 in settlements for their clients. The firm also tirelessly fought for clients in the courtroom, consistently persuading juries to return verdicts in their favor despite the odds. This year the firm convinced a jury to return a $110,000,000 in verdict on behalf of one of their severely injured clients.
The record-breaking $110 million jury verdict for a cyclist who was tragically paralyzed after being struck by a falling railroad tie in Brooklynis believed to be the largest non-medical malpractice jury verdict in New York history.
Other notable 2019 results include:
- $11,500,000 settlement for construction worker severely injured by defective saw
- $11,000,000 settlement for foreman injured in a construction site fall
- $7,200,000 settlement in wrongful death case for a man killed in an elevator accident
- $6,500,000 settlement for union mechanic injured in a fall
- $4,000,000 settlement for union carpenter injured in a fall from an A-frame ladder
- $3,450,000 settlement for union laborer who suffered a back injury after a slip and fall
- $3,450,000 settlement for non-union laborer who suffered back injuries after a fall